Monday, April 20, 2009

Saying goodbye to my childhood home and flooding

My childhood home My old room--looked weird empty!!

This is a bridge right outside my parents place--last summer the creek was almost empty

This is the creek flooding the bridge is in the background


My dad standing in the yard of mud--what a mess!!!

The is the Cedar river about 1 mile from our farm and you usually can't see water from the road
I helped my parents while I was up there move the rest of the heavy furniture out of the house that they had just sold. It was kind of sad as I grew up in this house but my parents just couldn't keep 2 houses up so it had to be done. I was glad that I could go up there one last time and see it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi. Parabéns por seu excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre o Brasil. Abração