Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy 80th birthday Dad!!


On April 9th my dad celebrated his 80th birthday. Bryan and I decided on Tuesday night that I should go up and surprise my dad. So on Thursday the 9th I loaded up the car and the 3 girls and I traveled up to North Dakota. My mom knew I was coming but dad did not. I arrived about 5:00 PM to find my dad out by the road in his bobcat trying to get the snow away from his bales. It was very, very muddy and I was so afraid I would get stuck on the road. My dad had his back to the road so I drove as fast as I could through the mud to get to the house without him seeing me. I then snuck out to the area where he was moving snow and went out and stood in front of him. He just starred for a long time--I don't think he could believe it was me. He was shocked and very surprised. We were able to stay through Easter Sunday and had a good time with them. We were also able to celebrate my mom's birthday on Easter Sunday--she will be 80 next year. How can I top this surprise!!

No comments: