Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Another trip--this time to North Dakota

My mom broke her femur and so we went up to help her
Rafting on the creek, they must be in North Dakota
Dad & his niece, Shirley
I had never met most of these relatives, was a fun time!
Dylan on stilts
Do you think she got up? No, but she sure tried hard

Riding grandpa's 4-wheeler
We found these kittens, not very old
We got these kittens in town for free, they sure were cute!

The girls standing in a canola field
We made a trip up to North Dakota to visit my parents. My mother broke her femur on May and so we went up to help her. I cooked, cleaned, and did laundry for her to get caught up some. She was not able to put any weight on it for 6 weeks and now found out that she cannot for another 6 weeks. It sure has been hard for her to not be able to do much. We also found 3 sets of kittens with 3 kittens each, 9 kittens, plus my mom wanted gold kittens and so we found some free ones in town and brought home a male and female and they are so fun to play with. My cousin and her husband and 3 girls came out to spend the day on the farm with us. Her mother died at the age of 29 and so she came to live with my grandparents on the farm for awhile so she wanted to see the farm again and show her family. I hadn't met them all and so that was really fun to get to know them and will be fun to stay in touch with them. My husband and boys also enjoyed "rafting" on the creek. There are a lot of really pretty yellow fields in North Dakota. It is canola, like the oil. The girls posed in the field of yellow for a picture for me. Everybody loves going to grandpa & grandma's and it was hard to leave!!!

No comments: